ACI Operations Certificate Prep Course
Price category: E
Date: Check the Agenda section on this website
Duration: 4 days
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Language: NL / EN
Lecturer(s): Charley Klop
PE points: 28
A well-trained and efficiently organised Treasury Operations Department is essential to complete every transaction. The Operations Department provides a vital service to the Front-Office by ensuring that all funds flow in a timely and correct manner and that all the necessary documentation is completed.
Taking into consideration the wider job function of the Operations Staff, this examination has been designed to provide a benchmark for competency in all aspects of the operations and settlement processes. It aims to test candidates’ knowledge of the underlying instruments involved in the international financial markets, the processes for efficient settlements and related basic financial calculations. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate appreciation of the scope, importance and the role of the Operations Department, particularly in ensuring an autonomous service to the Front-Office.
The ACI Operations Certificate is the only International recognized diploma for Financial Markets and Treasury operations staff. No transaction can take place without operations The operations department provides a vital role in client service, compliance and risk management by ensuring that all funds flow in a timely and correct manner and all the necessary documentation is completed.
The ACI Operations Certificate Candidates will become up-to-date with the latest developments that affect treasury operations. It also helps candidates to understand the front to end treasury flow, which improves the understanding between trading and operations staff.
- Describe the roles of dealers, brokers and operations officers
- Explain the importance of checking and matching confirmation processes
- Describe different types of settlements
- Understand the risks involved with third party payments
- Describe relevant responsibilities, cycle processes and incorporated controls.
- Calculate reset / fixing rates and margins for plain vanilla derivative instruments
- Define the features of the major short term fixed income securities
- Understand the Industry Best Practice for general setup, controls and business contingency planning (BCP)
- Treasury Operations Department Back and Mid-office professionals
- Recent entrants to the Operations Department (Back-Office)
- Other trading room support areas
- Internal and external auditors
- Compliance and risk officers
- Product Control
This 4-day course gives a clear in-depth view on operational processes, including derivatives and use in hedging, trading and speculation
Using case studies and exercises, delegates will intuitively understand the mechanics
The roles of each participant within the financial market will be explained and provides an understanding of the risk management context of Trading, Sales, Middle-Office and Operations
It gives an understanding of how the whole transaction process management flows as well as the importance of providing quality, customer-orientated service to internal and external clients
To acquire an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of the of FX Best Practices Operations with an emphasis on professionalism and integrity as well as on the main aspects of Operations such as confirmations, settlements, reconciliations and control mechanisms.
* Day 1 OPS 1 Overall financial market and front to end treasury view
OPS 2 Deal capture, trade entry and confirmations
OPS 3 Settlement, netting and clearing
* Day 2 OPS 4 Reconciliations and investigations
OPS 5 Treasury systems and data management
OPS 6 Risk management, controls, compliance and documentation
* Day 3 OPS 7 Foreign exchange
OPS 8 Money market
OPS 9 Derivatives part one
* Day 4 OPS 9 Derivatives part two
OPS 10 Short-term bonds and notes
* The participants will receive an (English) written handout and USB Stick with Trainingsoftware (WINFOREX OPS lite)
* The course will be supported by a Power Point presentation and Treasury Operations Handbook 2017 by Phil Parker
* The attendants will receive an English written reader of about 280 pages
* After each session participants will practice by answering multiple-choice questions that are similar to the ones in the ACI exam.
* At the end of the course the attendants will be given the opportunity to take a practice exam consisting of 75 multiple-choice questions. This exam will be discussed in the classroom so that everyone can benefit.
* At the end of the course the participants will be given a certificate of completetion.
* Participants will be invited to join the ACI Operations Certificate Exam at our test venue in Diemen."
Format: The examination lasts 2 hours and consists of 75 multiple-choice questions. The overall pass level is 60% (45 correct answers), assuming that the minimum score criteria for each of the topic baskets is met. There is a minimum score criteria of 40% for each Topic Basket.
Calculators: Some questions will require the use of a calculator. A basic one will be provided on the computer screen. We will also provide you with a Casio FX82 hand-held calculator, This calculator is neither text programmable nor capable of displaying graphics with a size more than 2 lines.
The costs of this exam are € 275,-- and are excluded from the training fee